Sunday, March 04, 2007

Kia Ora (Hello), I have listed the foodie blogs on the side-bar as given time, the post which currently has them listed will eventually move down to the bottom of the bog - oopp's blog !!!

I intend making a few changes to this blog and given time I may even change the name. On second thoughts I might not change the name.........I typed World Recipes & Foodie Blogs into Google just to see if it would show up and it did - it was #1 out of 13,600,000 which also meant typing in and clicking on the I'm feeling lucky button also brings it up.

Anyway, first things first - there is a lot of truth in the saying "You are what you eat". I don't follow and never have believed in the old saying of "you have to eat five a day and drink 8 glasses of water". To me that is a total load of crap. To prove my point, in a few days when I return, I'll tell you what I have eaten and drunk from now till then the time I return. You will see for youselves how much I eat. A few facts - I don't smoke, I don't drink alcohol. I don't do drugs of any sort. I weigh 65 kilos wringing wet. I don't sit down at night and have an evening meal; I eat breakfast sometimes; I drink coffee, tea and soft drinks. As for drinking water, I may drink one glass per day. I eat almost anything and I eat when I feel like it. I don't have set meal times. I can't recall the last time I went to the doctor - I know that it was many many moons ago and I went then only because it was a condition of employment to have a check-up. I have worked at my present employment for about 15 years and never had a day off work sick all that time. I don't play any type of sports - come to think of it, I don't watch any sports either, be it on TV or live. The only thing I do a lot of is walk, averaging around 6 - 7 kilometres per hour at a normal pace.

So, hold on to your seats, so you don't fall off - skinny friends that is - the bigger friends no doubt have enough weight to anchor themselves to the chair so they don't fall off. I have beat about the mullberry bush long enough with some of you bigger friends out there - you need to lose weight.
Skinny friends who are supposeably the ideal weight for their size, age, etc give yourselves a pat on the back, because I can't reach from where I sit. Bigger friends, just remain seated and raise your hands because I know you can't reach around to pat yourself on the back. Come on, I can't see any raised hands and I know there are some big friends out there. It's not a shame to be over-weight. It's only a shame if you keep eating the way you do and adding to that weight when you know full well, that you could and should eat less.

I know some of you have tried so many diets that I have to take my shoes & socks off to count how many times because I don't have enough fingers. My simple answer is stop eating !!! You don't have to eat 3 meals per day plus snacks, day in, day out. Miss food for a day - drink fluids. Use up some of those "love handles". Make it a day that you don't have to work, a Saturday, Sunday or whenever so you can relax at home. By relaxing, I don't mean plop yourself down on the couch with the TV remote in one hand and weight-lift a beer can with the other hand. Get outside, do some gardening, mow the lawn (if you have got one) or get out and go for a walk. You know, one foot in front of the other and leave the car at home, walking. I don't mean arm-swinging, fast pace walking (that will come in time) just a steady as it goes nice 5 km walk arould your neighourhood. Try 30 minutes out and 30 minutes back with no pit-stops for take-aways or just a quick chat with the neighbour in the local watering water. (I sat on the doorstep of someones place for 3 hours one time so I know someone's idea of just a quick chat)

I know it's alright for me to say to you to miss meals, because I don't have to prepare food for other members of the family like you do but if you sit down to eat with them, whatever you put on your plate to start with, cut it in half and put half on another plate. You may find that half is plenty - if not, and you feel the need to eat the other half go for it, but keep doing that - half your meals, including your breakfast. Given time, you will find yourself dishing up less.

I'll love & leave you with this..........Many moons ago, there was a saying about a bigger person been a 2 x 2. That is two axe handles wide by two axe handles high. I don't hear it very much these days for the simple reason that people are no longer 2 x 2 - they are 3 x 3 instead. I have seen people so big travelling on the bus, that they have to board the bus side-ways so they can get in. Then when they finally squeeze themselves into a seat, they take up both seats - well one and a half, with me squashed on the other half. I seem to be a magnet for the bigger person, when ever I am on a bus. Just as well I am just a little person, krazy maybe, but still little.

I'll be back..............